October 5, 2011

DIAD Clothing Drive



Hello Ladies:

Just to follow up from the meeting [GMM] and inform those who could not attend.

I will be organizing a clothing drive to start out the year as the first project for "Done in a Day."

I have contacted the Shelter house and they are currently in need of Fall and Winter items- all sizes, both sexes.

They have also told me if we have Spring and Summer items that they will direct me where to donate those. They said usually the Crisis Center will take them.

I will be collecting the items over the next 4 weeks at my house, and for those that can't make a trip to drop them off, I will collect at the October meeting. I just don't want to leave it all until the October meeting because I want to have everything organized for dropping it off on Friday the 21st at the Shelter, this way the majority will be ready to go by the meeting and I'll just add the last few things for a Friday delivery.

I am going to organize by size in boxes:


* Boys / * Girls - infant, toddler, kids, teenager, young adult, adult, and Jackets- Winter/Fall..... all summer and spring, I will just place in one large box.

Feel free to drop off everything in one bag and I'll go through it and organize.

Thanks!

Laura N.

No comments: